Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Another project rears its head.

There's simply no getting around it. I'm going to have to sit down and outline Charlotte Mason's Home Education. It's so rich and so dense with useful ideas and philosophy I'm already forgetting most of what I want to remember, and I'm only on page 80. The flowery Victorian style doesn't make for easy scanning to what I'm looking for. Stuffing the thing full of underlines, highlights and bookmarks would make it unreadable, not to mention clash with the underlines and highlights the previous owner left in the book, which aren't always my favorite points.

I haven't done a major outline since college. Doubtless the practice will Do Me Good. Doubtless seeing me practice will Do the Children Good. Problem is, I have already got more things that will Do Me Good I'm supposed to be doing than there are hours in the day to do them in.

2 comments:

COD said...

You could do the whole thing online in real time like I did with Gatto

That way I can cheat and skip reading the book myself ;)

Lioness said...

LOL I might well do that for Gatto myself. Mason has these long flowing Victorian sentances that take half a page to reach the period. I need to take notes just to help myself remember the meat of her statements. I will publish the notes for comment though.