Friday, March 10, 2006

Ancient Pagan Proverbs for Young Children

Christian proverbs are easy to find, but what if you're looking for the wisdom sayings of other cultures? I'm blogging a collection of ancient Pagan proverbs in language suitable for the 6 - 9 year old set. I'll update this list as I add more to the blog.

Sumerian Proverbs for Young Children

Ancient Egyptian Proverbs for Young Children: Ptah-Hotup

Ancient Egyptian Proverbs for Young Children: Temple of Luxor

Ancient Egyptian Proverbs for Young Children: 10 Virtues Required of a Candidate for the Priesthood

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the resource of those proverbs. I'm looking into the Classical myself, but I'd have to buy the Well Trained Mind. Our library doesn't have anything like that here.

It's a small town and anything I really want, I have to ask them to order.

Lioness said...

You're welcome. My town has 3,058 people.